Career and Technical Education
Marion County Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs provide a safe and challenging learning environment and teaches the responsible use of resources to afford opportunities for all students to realize their individual potential and to help them build a career plan.
Career and Technical Education (CTE) provides our students with a pathway to the postsecondary education and careers required in our global economy. All of our pathways include the core curriculum plus a rigorous sequence of career-specific courses in the chosen Program of Study (POS). This combination best prepares students for postsecondary education, for ACT testing, and for careers. The Marion County High Schools offer a variety of programs that prepare students to be both college and career ready. Our CTE Department uses current technologies, industry-standard equipment, and business partnerships to create a learning environment that empowers all students to enter the constantly changing workforce. CTE courses are a great way for students to prepare for the highly technological and competitive workplace of the 21st century, and are designed to prepare students for life-long success in high-wage, high-skill, and high-demand occupations and career fields.
Career and Technical Education Programs in MCS:
- Reinforce state and national academic standards;
- Provide students with instruction and training in career areas of interest;
- Link to business and industry in the region;
- Offer career development opportunites;
- (some) Provide ability to earn certifications;
- Prepare students for challenges in higher education and a global, competitive workplace;
- Provide regorous instruction through hands-on problem solving and projects; and
- Allow students to receive college credit for courses taken through articulation with the local community college and Tennessee Center for Applied Technology.
Are you ready for the challenges of the 21st Century globally competitive workforce? Our CTE students will be!
Parents, private schools, and home schools in Marion County may contact Dr. Larry Ziegler, CTE Director, at 423-942-3434 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information concerning CTE offerings and professional development activities for CTE.
Dr. Larry Ziegler
Assistant Director of Schools
Director of 9-12 Curriculum
Director of Career and Technology Education
College and Career Ready
Programs of Study By Career Cluster
Automotive Collision Repair
Banking and Finance
Engineering-Project Lead The Way
Social Health Services
Teaching As a Profession
Therapeutic Nursing Services
Certified Production Technician (CPT) Program
Parent Primer On Career Exploration
Student & Parent Resources
Business/Industry & Community Connections
Pathways To Prosperity of Southeast TN